Wednesday, March 26, 2008

My Office's March Madness

Our Managing Director sends out this email today telling us about a little March Madness contest we'll be having in the office. How it works is that there are two tournament pools, the regular NCAA w/ the top 64 traders and the NIT with 32 traders. Traders ranked like 29 and beyond are placed in groups to compete for the 4 8th seed in the NIT tournament. Traders go head to head with each other, the person w/ the higher PnL at the end of the day advances. This goes on all week next week I believe and the eventual winner of each tournament wins a ticket to the NCAA Championship game.

My thought? I'm not trying to let it affect my trading too much. I can kind of see some people doing stupid stuff trying to advance. I certainly would not want to take on unnecessary risk b/c of it and get blown out. The thing is, anything can happen on any given day. One good or bad trade can make or break your day.

But going to the championship game would be wicked cool.

No comments: