Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Trade Review 3-5-08

Man.. so, a little rough trading today, up and down all over the place.

I tried trading the BIG and BJ breakout trades today and I didn't really do that well. BJ I thought it was breaking out, I added to it and eventually made some money on it except that it really did break out shortly after and I could've made a lot more, but this was after the ISM numbers came out and the futures shot up... I don't think I could've foreseen this so I'm going to let this one go. BIG broke out too but I saw that the futures was going down and I shorted it, added to it and eventually had to get out... just couldn't take the pain. Looking back at best I could've scratched the trade barely...

Crude inventory came out at 9:30am and it was below (inventory low = supply low = price up!) so I longed 200 shares of it at 80.67 and got out at 81.12... what a fool. It didn't hit 81.72 before retracing and just trade in a up channel the whole day to even 83.32. Ridiculous...

DBA break out trade was pretty good. Got long at 42.15 and I eventually got out on a 5 cent pull back at 42.3. I should've gave it a little more room. This one had no problem going to 42.50 at all.

In general I traded SLV pretty well. If GLD made a new intra day high and SLV hasn't really done anything yet than I'd get long and opposite if I think it's good enough. But there was one time that I accidentally shorted 1000 shares instead of 400 b/c I thought I had changed my quick share to 200 but it didn't and I lost about $500 on it. That rocked me pretty hard and I just went to play ping pong after that.

I managed to come back the rest of the day though. There's some news on CCU and bunch of other airline stocks and I either chumpped those or took a small loss. Up maybe $200 total.

No comments: