Tuesday, August 21, 2007

What is This, I Made Money Today??

Woot! Made money today. Let's not get ahead of ourselves too much here. It's only 5 bucks. Still, it's good to end the losing streak.

BBY (11:02:26)
Entry price: short 44.47
Expected gain: 15-20 cents
Expected stop loss out: 5-7 cents
Actual stop loss/gain: gain 18 cents @ 44.29 (11:09:45)
Reason in: broke out of its resistance level for today and it reached it twice yesterday as well (actually, didn't notice the last part until Lawrence told me), couldn't really decide if I should go long or short but saw that open book had more offers so I picked my stop loss and decided to short it. Worked out well, adjusted my stops and everything through out the trade.

BAC (11:18:21)
Entry price: long 51.36
Expected gain: 12-15 cents
Expected stop loss out: 5 cents
Actual stop loss/gain: gain 6 cents @ 51.42 (11:21:51)
Reason in: establishing a base, sees many bids in the open book. at least 2-1, maybe 3-1 risk/reward ratio. Stock almost hit target, adjusted the sell lower stop to automatic sell @ 42 and it got hit on a small pull back.

WM (13:02:20)
Entry price: long 38.04
Expected gain: 20-30 cents
Expected stop loss out: 8 cents
Actual stop loss/gain: loss 10 cents @ 37.94 (13:03:40)
Reason in: Broke through the whole dollar, thought it would continue to go up and it did rapidly briefly which is why I got in at 04 instead of 02... reversed and got automatically stopped out.

DKS (14:06:48)
Entry price: short 59.94
Expected gain: 30 cents
Expected stop loss out: 6 cents
Actual stop loss/gain: gain 4 cents @ 59.90 (14:07:07)
Reason in: sense resistance at the whole dollar, risking little to trade back down, if it didn't go my way I was going to reverse b/c I figured if it did break here it'd run a lot more the other direction. The stock quickly went down after I enter the position, took my profit when I noticed a big 1000 bid came in at 87 and thought it won't fall as much as I wanted it to and got out. It did trade down to 61, near my target though... need to figure out why this was

TGT (15:32:28)
Entry price: short 59.95
Expected gain:
Expected stop loss:
Actual stop loss/gain:
Reason in: trading near resistance level and sees a lot of offers on the open book, same reasoning as the DKS trade. someone yanked the offer at 04 out and rose quickly. tried to get out and was only able to get out at 10.
Lawrence: when I see that offer gets yanked I would've just taken my two cent lost and get out. If that was the reason I get into the trade and when that offer is gone I no longer have any reason to stay in it.

BAC (15:39:54)
Entry price: short 51.37
Expected gain: 12 cents
Expected stop loss: 5 cents
Actual stop loss/gain: gain 6 cents
Reason in: Futures tanking, reverse trend, got in and when it doesn't seem to break 30 and I knew that I chased this trade in a little bit I took my profit and got out.

No comments: