Saturday, August 11, 2007

TGIF

It's Friday! I do feel a lot better about this whole trading thing compared to Monday. At least now I know what all the information mean and how to use them. Still, I'm too slow at the moment. I try to spot scalping opportunities but I'm just way too slow to take any real advantage of them right now. I understand all the concept and if I have some time to think about it I'd come up with a good entry price and exit point but obviously the market moves too fast to give me that chance. It's like playing QB at the next level from high school to college and then pro. I need to make the game slow down for me as fast as I can. I also feel like I'm in the Matrix in a sense with all these tickers just flying sometimes and I'm trying to read and make sense of it as it comes down the screen.

On a slighlty more personal note, I'm beginning to feel the physical effects of sitting in front of the computer constantly. My wrists are starting to hurt, thank god one of the IT guys gave me one of those keyboard pad to alleviate some stress on your wrists. I know I don't have the best sitting posture and now I'm really starting to feel the tension and tightness in my shoulders and lower back at the end of the day... my eyes are holding up ok though. That was my first concern is that staring at the screen constantly would put constant strain on my eyes.

We mock trade again today and I think by lunch time I was positive 500 some dollars with some really good trades. Yesterday I was way too trigger happy and it burned me. I kind of like to ride the reversal waves or get into a trend when it's just on its way up or down and get out quickly when I think the momentum is done. I like the energy and constant involvement with this job. I usually deal with stress well and the only signal you might pick up is that I cuss a lot more when I'm under duress. I could tell that a lot of time if a trade starts to turn against me I'd try to get out quick. It wasn't loud, but literally if I was miked all you would pick up is: "Shit. Fuck. Doo doo. Ca ca. Fudgesicles. Shnikes." People probably would mistake me for someone with Tourette. Today's result does give me some confidence going into next Monday when we trade LIVE! I'm totally mentally preparing myself just in case I do end up getting my ass kicked.

I'm drawing a lot of comparison to my Southwestern experience. I'm constantly telling myself to be a professional and trade without emotions and not focus too much on the P/L, which in Southwestern it was prettyy similiar that they tell you not to focus on your unit sales the first three weeks. The one big difference though is that it seems that Kershner is going to take out a lot longer to play out than SW... in SW I started turning a good profit after about 3 weeks and really took off after 6 and in Kershner I get the feeling that instead of weeks it'll be months. Yeek. I should try to find Rau's email and shoot him a message.

It's the weekend. I'm going to relax and watch my DVDs, do some reading and maybe go to Hamilton Pool and play some volleyball at Zilker.

No comments: