Monday, August 13, 2007

Trading Update

... 10:34 - I'm down about $70 right now. Lawrence told me to watch the big spreads through ECN Book but it's been going so fast I couldn't keep up and just forgot about it. What I've been trading this morning was all reversal or momentum trades, so far most of them has gone against me. There were a few ones that I cut my losses and it turned out to be a good move because it would've been a lot worse if I didn't like with BBY and NKE. BX and AIG I think I got scared thinking the trend is reversing and took my profit about about $10 when I should've stayed in and could've made at least another $50 each.

I think I was too trigger happy in the morning. I want to buy when there's more support on the volume or other information to show that the momentum or reversal is stronger and review my risk/reward tradeoff more carefully before I get in. It's tricky regardless. I think I'll only get in on the ones with strong evidence. I'm going to watch the spreads in the afternoon and try to spot some of the "free money."

No comments: