Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Yahtzee Meeting with Andy Kershner


  • The magical secret - it's tricky, do what make you money and do more of it. Always look for an extra thing that's going to put you over the top
  • Ask other traders what works for them. Information beats out execution.

Preparation

  • Come in early, check the news
  • Looking at stocks that gap up or down, sectors like oil, gold, financials
  • Big money flows in IBD
  • Get in by 7:30, ready to pull triggers at 8:15
  • Good breakfast in the morning
  • Mini conferences with 3, 4 other people to get some ideas that might make you $300, $400
  • Remind yourself about yesterday, which trades did I work well, what did I learn yesterday
  • Visualize the day, what it might do and what I might do to react

Determining risk/reward

  • Look for things to keep you in instead of cutting them off, some of the best guys end up keeping their stock even 8 times its risk

Habits of Best Traders

  • Call out trades, swap ideas and build a network of information
  • Think about how I can do more trades with the same risk
  • Review trades, half to 2/3 of my mistakes are getting out too early
  • Hedge fund masters book?? Read about setting goals... what is my goal and how I'm going to get there
  • Relative and absolute measurement: most of us are accustom to measure ourselves against other people and cap ourselves out.
  • Masters focus on did I do everything well to the best of my ability.
  • Focus on yourself, not other people.
  • Make an X amount of time talking to top traders and on technology

Hybrid Market

  • U quote is working, except in the first 30 minutes and it could go against you very quickly with a big print

No comments: