Saturday, January 5, 2008

To Do List: San Francisco

I'm planning a trip to San Francisco in February, taking advantage of President's Day so I don't have to miss work. Although I have been to SF a few times already b/c my aunt is in the area and done the touristy stuff, this time I'm going to hunt out some more unusual and less saught after stuff or things I haven't been to:


  • Wave organ (I think this is down by the Marina by the Wharf)
  • Alcatraz
  • Tatto museum (I heard there's some freaky cool stuff here)
  • Lombard Street
  • Divas--drag contest down by the Castro
  • Napa/Sonoma/Wine country
  • Find those golden fire hydrants
  • The first fortune cookie place
  • Ocean Beach
  • SoMa clubs, etc

Also good (this is for DJ Emil, who's never been to SF):

  • Golden Gate Bridge
  • Palace of Fine Arts (Lyon St)
  • Chinatown (Grant & Bush)
  • Golden Gate Park--Japanese Tea Garden, Conservatory of Flowers, Strybing Arboretum
  • Coit Tower (Summit of Telegraph Hill)
  • Fisherman's Wharf--Pier 39
  • Ghirardelli Square
  • Lincoln Park
  • Japan Town
  • Union Square
  • TransAmerica building (600 Montgomery St)
  • Ride the cable car/trolley (Powell & Market to Fisherman's Wharf or Ghiraardelli Square)

Restaurants and Bars/Clubs that I hear multiple mentions on TV:

  • La Taqueria (Mission & 25th)
  • Swan Oyster Depot (Polk & California)

More to come...



Oh btw, I found this in my old pictures. This was the very first time I was in San Francisco. I was only 9 years old. This picture just has nostalgia woozing out of the butt. It sure would be cool to take another picture from the same spot on the same date. I do love the city very much... maybe one of these days someone will make me a job offer or I'll fall in love w/ a hippie and move out here.

1 comment:

Emils said...

i am excited!! :)
i NEED to go to chinatown