Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Pump up the Volume--Share Volume that is

I technically had back to back up weeks, three if you count the one right before I left for Christmas break but I personally still had last Tuesday and Wednesday in the back of my mind. But after a decent $300 on a slow day today I've asked Lawrence to up my share size and capital to 800 shares and $200,000 respectively. I need to be really careful starting out man. I messed w/ my voodoo keys today to where it would put out some orders close to the market and some really far out.

While I traded SPY and made money last Friday, today I kept getting stopped out in an uptrend which made me really upset... but now I'm investigating into some of the other ETFs like EEM and EWZ or EWM that sort of "lag" the market. At least that's what Pat said. I haven't really experience any sort of lag. I'll have to watch closer tomorrow. My conclusion after watching all these after market crosses is that I'm just not fast enough to hit them... and you never know if there's any sort of news on it and it's very subjective, i.e. high risk. I think I'll just try to get some good prints through some of the AMEX stuff like SPY, XLE, XLF

No comments: