Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Don't Call it a Comeback...

... b/c it wouldn't be one if I didn't trade pre-market today.

What an interesting day (to me at least. I know someone of my friends read this and I might as well have written it in Chinese). MLK Day, market closed. Meanwhile, Europe and Asian sells off hard. Hong Kong had a 8% down move. Everyone was bracing for a huge down day. Thanks to Australian Open, my sleep schedule is completely messed up and I got in the office early. I see my coach's car there in the lot already, which is rare. He was short some SPY. I kept watching and finally when it broke a support level I shorted some EEM. Since I heard it on CNBC earlier, that if the Fed would come out w/ an emergency rate cut, today would be the day so I asked Lawrence on what he thinks the market's reaction will be. Sure enough, about 5, 10 minutes I got in my EEM position the announcement came out. Mother f-er.... seriously. I tried getting long EEM after that and sure enough the market started reverse. I was down about $800 before the market even opened. Get ready for a rough day...

Well, I traded EEM a little bit after the open and once I feel like I got my confidence back and can read the stock a lot better, I traded a lot more and with more size. It was sort of a three steps forward, one step back and eventually I climbed back into the positive. Besides EEM, the only stock I traded was the LEH break out especially when the financials are making a rally (but I chumped it though... things were so whippy that stops would get hit sometimes and that really pissed me off). I had a few other good trades and I ended up the day probably up $750 or $800... it's really hard to tell now that I'm trading so much. I think I traded over 65,000 shares today.

Starting tomorrow I will probably tone it back a little bit. I should be trading about 25,000 shares. The way I'm trading EEM I don't think is worth it... a few cents profit every time. I should be a lot more selective and when I'm sure I'll trade a bigger size and scale out of my position.

On a side note... my calves are uber sore. I did calve raises the other day to the point my legs were shaking. I think I've lost about 5 lbs this year and I can tell I'm definitely much stronger than before. I can do much better.

No comments: