Tuesday, January 15, 2008

New Season of No Reservations!

I've often said that there are just way too many TV shows for me to even watch a fraction of them. Granted, there are a lot of crap out there, but there only show that I wish I could watch more of is Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations. He's a great cook (used to be at Les Halles) and simply a great writer. He keeps it real and yet when through his writing, especially some of his narration on the show, it's plain, simple, and yet.... poetic.

The show on Monday night is on Berlin. It's great b/c I have been dying to go back to Germany ever since last summer. Too bad that I missed it since I was so damn tired from not sleepin Sunday night watching the Australian Open. I slept right as I got home from work and got up around 12, 1am to watch more tennis and caught a little bit of the rerun. The way he talks about German food, i.e. the pig shank and cabbage as a viewing mirror into the struggling working class in a Communism influence sphere is just absolute beauty. People like him makes me wish that I have that kind of talent for words.

No comments: