Monday, June 23, 2008

Weekly Watch List 6/23/08

I'm writing this on Monday since I was away for a wedding this weekend and didn't get in until late Sunday night. Luckily there wasn't any major events on Monday except for WAG reporting.

Tuesday
10:00 - Consumer Confidence

Wednesday
MON reports before the open... too risky, I don't think I'll get in it. Although if you hold a gun to my head I'd get long.
8:30 - Durable Orders
10:30 - Crude Inventories (D-Day for my UCR/DCR trade)
14:15 - FOMC Policy Statement
Reporting after the close - NKE... not sure which way, probably won't play this either. I'd get long ORCL if I can get a nice entry, RIMM... no clue

Thursday
Before the open: depending on the housing numbers I'll determine which way I want to go w/ LEN
8:30 - GDP, Q1 Final
After the close: PALM if I can get shares short

Friday
Before the open: again, depending on the housing number and LEN's numbers I'll decided which side to take my position.

In general... coal is still on fire, with the exception of PCX, maybe it's drawing some short selling attention. I picked a few of these guys for the CNBC contest and it's been working well. PCX, JRCC, NCOC, ICO, FDG, ACI. HK I think is being added to the Russell 1000, strong buying indication in this guy. WNR I think is leaving.

Made some nice calls on the FDX, KMX, and WGO. I'm feeling even better about these earnings trades when I have a stronger feeling or more indication which way it's going to go.

Back to back positive week. I was actually kind of nervous going into Friday since I was still down slightly for the week b/c of a few trades that I took big size didn't work out in my favor. Missed a few great opportunities... and I'm still grieving about it as well. I know I can do better. We got one more solid week of trading left in June, it's time to kick some butt.

No comments: