Wednesday, June 11, 2008

My Supersize

Trading's been going ok lately. There was one day last week that I was trading about 4-6 times what I normally trade in EEM and EWZ. My manager didn't like that... although I have to say that it wasn't as scary as I thought it would. There were some noticeably hand shaking I think the first few times that I got in that much size. I think Lawrence didn't like that I jumped that quickly b/c it messes with you psychologically and that I got in it even after some losers. I have to defend myself that it was the right set up that I look for and I did stick to my stops and didn't add to a losing position. Recently around 1PM CST the market will just sell off and you'll get a lot of opportunities.

I was also pretty upset about missing some great opportunities last week. They were easy set up, easy money. The lob pass was there and I just completely missed the slam dunk. I whiffed bad. My orders were out there and they just didn't get filled. It sucked. It sucked hard. I think I was on a slow server... Even if you're retarded you could've made at least 2 G's on it and some people in the office made over 10. God, it still makes me sick to my stomach when I think about it. There were a few trades again on Friday that I didn't get filled on. Argh.

Lately I've been just trying to make back that big down day and I'm almost there. It's a little harder that Lawrence has capped my size a little bit, but we're back on the old way of increasing size/max order/capital after back to back up week so it gives me extra motivation to trade better. We're still focusing on bringing in my losers. My down efficiency last month was -0.0699 and Lawrence and Jane wants me to shoot for -0.06... I dunno, just seems crazy to me. It feels like I won't be giving a lot of trades enough room to work, but I suppose that's still reasonable. The -0.06 is on average, so I can still give my EEM 15 cents and maybe give EWZ a little less room and definitely rein in the losses in low dollar stocks. This is really going to force me to look for top entries.

I want to also pick up new plays. I'm focusing on the imbalance, gapper, and IBD plays. There are too many things to focus on during the trading hours sometimes I forget about them... I've been right a couple of times about some of the earning plays that I want to make where I think the company will either jump or dip significantly after they report earnings so I'll get in right before the close, again... things are kind of hectic at the close that I forget about them.

No comments: