Saturday, June 14, 2008

My Auditory Boner

I got to admit, I get bored of certain music very quickly so this first few weeks of June has been great for me because there are tons of new albums out that I love. If I dig an album at times I'll listen to it again and again until I'm absolutely sick of it and then I move on searching for the next hit. This kind of behavior seems to be similar to that of a drug addict.

The Ting Tings: If Yeah Yeah Yeah's and CSS had a baby, that's what The Ting Tings would sound like.

The Cool Kids: Bringing the old school beat box flavor back. Although they still rap about material things, it's more about sneakers and bikes rather than blings and Cristal.

Priscilla Anh: She just had a song featured on Grey's Anatomy. Blue Note is the same label that launched Norah Jones. Definitely worthy a listen. I saw her at SXSW w/ the Hotel Cafe Tour, which included other artists anointed by Grey's like Joshua Radin and Ingrid Michaelson. She's got a wacky fun personality. She performed a song with ukulele and kazoo in the middle of her set =)

Next week, look out for Coldplay's Viva la Vida and Katy Perry's One of the Boys.
























No comments: