Sunday, June 15, 2008

My Weekly Watchlist

I've been watching the earnings calendar and trying to pick a few that looks interesting and either go long or short right before the close, hoping for a big one or two point move in after market trading. The stock that I played this week were OXM and SEH. OXM missed and dipped almost two points, but SEH beat their estimate by 2 cents so I covered really quickly with a 3 cent loss. I saw what happened to SEH in March when they reported, the stock loss almost half of its value I think and I thought it might happen again. Plus they're in the chemical/plastic business. Higher oil = higher cost in plastics, but it was not to be. Thank God I covered too, b/c this thing went as much as 2 points higher the next day.

Monday
ADBE and LZB after the close. I don't have a strong feeling about either one, but if you hold a gun to my head I'd get long ADBE and short LZB.

Tuesday
BBY and GS before the open. Still don't have a strong bias either way but their numbers could definitely move the market one way or another.
PPI, Housing and Industrial Production numbers out all before the opening bell, should be an very interesting day

Wednesday
KMX, FDX, LNN, MS before the open. Depending on the risk reward, I'd get short KMX, FDX, MS and long LNN.

Thursday
CCL, PIR, MESA, and CC. Short bias against all of these guys, but again, depending on the risk/reward. HRB after the close, the estimate seems too high in a down economy, I'd go short
Philadelphia Fed Index right after the bell.

Friday
WGO before the open. Most likely short.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jason,

Thanks for writing about your experiences on the trading floor. I saw a job posting for your firm the other day, and I was looking for some personal insight into the work environment up there. Your blog has been very helpful in that respect. If you'd be open to me asking you some further questions, please email me.

Thanks,

Tim
trliner@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

you get some of that IOC print? niiiiiicceeee