Sunday, September 23, 2007

Super Size It Please! Share Size, That Is

I pulled up Infocenter when I got in this morning and I'm down about 2, 3 dollars for the week. The significance of having a net positive week is so that I can get my share size increased. Instead of trading just 100 shares I can do 200. That way I can increase my profits! Obviously if I do have a losing trade then I'd be losing more as well.

Anyway, things didn't go so well as I wanted. I got in a trade which I knew would bounce back up but I had to leave since I had an appointment with Brooke for lunch... I didn't know what to do since my manager was away and I decided to take a small $6 loss so I can leave without having this on my mind. I haven't seen Brooke since Europe and that coincidental rendes vouz at Zilker Park over the summer. We've tried a couple of times to go to happy hour or brunch but the schedule didn't work out and I'm very happy and excited we finally got to do this.

All I need was a $15 winning trade, well, after my first trade back in the office that total was at about $22 instead since I hit a terrible u-quote... fortunately the next one I hit was a good winner. It printed way up and I got hit plus there was some strong selling pressure so I just kept it on its way down. Unless I calculated incorrectly I should be up about $5 for the week, which for a newbie like me, hey, I'm quite proud of it. Next week, I just have to be very careful still and really watch my losers. None of the $20+ losers that I've had like this week. Hopefully I get another up week next week and then I can swing a bigger line.

No comments: