Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Yay for Scalping

Decent day today, I started out really strong and up $56 the first three trades before 9:30. I think I only ended up the day with about up $20. I made the stupid chase, in two different occassions in a stock an lost $12 the first time and $32 the 2nd time. I think those trades where I'm trying to catch a ride up I really need to pause and think longer. It's better to miss the trade and not make that money instead of losing. Pretty good scalping today as well. I think my speed has definitely improved. There was a news trade and I basically watched the stock go up 5, 6 points before finally longing it near the whole dollar with a good out in mind. It worked out that time with a $20 profit. I think ideally in the future I'd like to have a profit target ready in mind already as well.

Take away for the day: continue work on scalping speed. don't be a dumb dumb and chase.

Question to ask: buy/sell imbalance, the PLX trade towards the close, why does scalp keep going down... what am I not seeing?

No comments: