Thursday, September 20, 2007

Career Expo

I agreed to go with Chrissy to the Career Expo at UT today. Interesting to think that just last year I was on the other side of the table. I got in some really good set ups for scalping but my head just wasn't in the ball game and I took my, $6-$15 profit and got out when I know just looking at the charts that it had potential to make $30-$50 on all of them. I'm not upset that they ended up going for much more like $80 on the trades I could've made b/c there's no way I could've foreseen that, I'm just mad that I didn't follow my rule and discipline.

Career Expo is actually kind of fun when you're a recruiter man. I'm just there talking about my job. I hopef I didn't talk about stuff I really shouldn't be and maybe get in trouble. I remember the first guy that asked me the question: "do you like it?" I had to pause briefly to think and I replied: "Yeah, I love it. I think I sound like a dork but I love my job." And it's so true and thanks to whoever that cluess sophomore was I have that revelation.

Oh, this is kind of interesting, I mean... it's not laugh out loud funny of course, but on my ticker yesterday came up the symbol DOG (it's an ETF to short the Dow 30. you buy it if you believe it's a bear market) and then right after the symbol CAT (Caterpillar). I just found it amusing that's all. If you don't, whatever.

I was suppose to have coffee with Kristen but she cancelled so I was just sitting at Starbucks reading for a while before meeting up w/ Vicki for dinner and go to the volleyball game. My energy just crashed after sitting in my car for a while... then I remembered that I woke up at 2:30 the night before and couldn't sleep b/c I was so excited about the trading day and just tons of different scenarios are playing out in my head. I'm so sad that Ashley Engle is injured. She's so good. I hope she's back before we play Nebraska again.

No comments: