Friday, February 13, 2009

My "That's What She Said," Part II

On Monday they had a guest on CNBC and I don't remember who the anchor was but that person asked the guest maybe 3 or 4 questions in a row w/out giving him time to digest or answer. So while he was internalizing the questions and coming up w/ a response he said "man, that's a lot to swallow." Seriously, I thought Christmas came early this year. I can't believe he just said that... that was too good.

That night I went to my bar at The Parish and after Meiko's set I went up to get a pictures w/ her and got to talk to her a little bit. She mentioned something about beer while she was playing and someone in the crowd yelled out Shiner since it's a local beer. Someone actually brought over a Shiner while I was talking to her and she goes "now I'm totally double fisting." I didn't even think about it, not even the fact that I'm in front of a semi-star, out of reflex I said "that's what she said." Fortunately she thought it was funny and said that I was good. Yeah, you hear that? Meiko thought I was funny!

She's gonna be back for SXSW w/ the Hotel Cafe showcase on Thursday. This is not out on the news yet. I got this straight from the source.

No comments: