Sunday, February 8, 2009

My Monday

I've been waiting for this day for a while. It just so happen that a lot of things are happening on this day as well. Since I've decided to buy out a slice of ownership at The Parish I've been looking forward to this concert. Joshua Radin is going to play w/ Meiko and Jesse Harris. I don't even know how many times I've listened to Joshua's new album since it came out, probably more like 60. It's rare for me to be moved to tears by a song, and the last artist that was able to do that was Adele. If you know that I'm a Scrubs fan it's really not that surprising that I'm a fan of Joshua Radin as well. I like this album so much more... the last one is almost a little too depressing.

It just so happen tomorrow that I have to drive my parents to the airport in the morning and rush back to the office before market opens. I have an appointment to inspect my car at 4pm right after the close since I hit a pregnant lady and I have my Dale Carnegie sales class from 6 to 8:30pm. After that I got to rush downtown since I think Meiko is the opening act.

Funny story about Meiko and me, well... it's not really funny and it's not that big of a deal but I was at the Hotel Cafe Tour showcase last year for SXSW and she said she was a bit under the weather or whatever and her throat was hurting a little bit. She asked if anybody would buy her a shot. If I remember correctly she requested whiskey, Jack Daniel even, but my memory fails me right now. Well, I bought her one and just asked the crowd to send it up to the stage for her. A southern girl from Georgia who's a quarter Japanese, talented, and drinks Jack Daniel? I'll admit I was crushing on her so hard for about a month or ten. I wonder if I'll be able to get to meet her backstage. I wonder if she remembers the random act of kindness from a random person in the crowd.

3 comments:

Vicki said...

you should get me some of Meiko's music :)

and if you don't have the older JR cd, I can get that to you

Sarah said...

Wait...did you really hit a pregnant lady? Is she ok?

MellowYellow said...

Yeah, so I was getting ready to pull out on to the access road for 183 and when I started to go this Audi TT in front of me was sitting in the middle of the road. I was getting ready to scream at the guy for stopping the middle of the road for reason when his Audi should be at the next stop light already and out comes this lady that's about 6 months pregnant. Apparently she doesn't drive through there very often, thought a car was coming, got scared and stopped. She was ok, but I really didn't give a crap. Not to sound insensitive but she contributed to the accident as much I did but I had to pay to fix the few minor scratches on her bumper, well my insurance does. We'll see if my premium goes up...