Friday, February 6, 2009

My Talk Show

CNBC has gotten ridiculously annoying lately. Right around 11am CST, the segment Power Lunch comes on and the anchors will start yakking about topic du jour, which lately is always about the stimulus package. I believe that journalism is about information. It's to inform the public. Give me the news. Give me what's important. Sure, the show is in a debate format, but let's at least have some intelligent people making some valid point. The person I can't stand the most is Dennis Kneale, whom I'm convince more and more each day is gay. All they're doing is squawking like bunch of chickens and not making any sense whatsoever. Look, if I want to watch or listen to meaningless argument I would've flipped over to The View ok?

Oh, and Mark Haines, who is on in the early morning and right after the bell, I believe is CNBC's version of Willard Scott from The Today Show. They're just getting... oh, what's a nice way of putting it... senile. Some of the stuff he says on air is just flat out ridiculous, silly, and makes absolutely no sense except maybe to the clown in his ear with a twisted sense of humor. By that I don't mean his producer but that I do believe he has a clown talking in his ears telling him what he thinks is funny. There's no other explanations. My god, I would be embarrassed to be his kid of grandkid.

Maria Bartiromo... her voice just kicks into this unpleasant high pitch sometimes. I want to guess she's Italian w/ that last name b/c I get images in my head of her screeching in an Italian market selling artichokes or anchovies.

Lastly, I'm sure I'm not the only one that feel this way b/c CNBC seems to have made changes to it but the TD Ameritrade ad they run usually about 2 minutes before the opening and closing bell has the audio clip of an actual bell ringing just like the one they use down on the floor. The first few days they ran that ad so many of us got spooked and almost sent out orders prematurely. I want to believe that either CNBC or TD Ameritrade received so many complaints they've decided to take the audio clip out.

In related news, while a colleague of mine was getting fed up w/ the Power Lunch bunch he said under his breath: "God, shut the hell up! You guys are so annoying. I'll give you a real stimulus package to get excited about." Of course, you already know what my response was ("that's what she said"). Oh, and this just happened today that DKS was running up and someone called out for news, to which the Pit responded: "oh, Dick's just got upgraded" and then someone over the headset made some lesbian or homo jokes... It was funny at the time; I can't recreate that moment for you through this medium.

No comments: