Tuesday, November 20, 2007

NO BLOW UPS!!

Had a good day today. Set a new personal daily high of about $290, $300 depending on how my commissions come out. It's hard to gauge with so many shares that I traded... about 16,000 shares. I was up about $178 yesterday, really, not too shabby for two days of work. Maybe I'll get on that list for top rookies of the week. In order to do that I need to prevent a blow up tomorrow. Every time I have a good winning streak I seem to follow up with a bad losing day and it gets difficult shake that stink. That's what happened last Wednesday, fortunately I was able to get two small up days on Thursday and Friday to end the week in positive territory to be able to trade 400 shares this week.

I feel more comfortable about taking 200 shares to get in a position trade now. The set ups I look for work most of the time. I think I can time it a lot better and get more profit out of the trades. Looking back at some of my trades, it's nice that I have some good winners but I think I've been letting some of my losers get out of hand.

Had a little chat with Chris last week and he showed me this rank report that shows the most active stocks by volume and it'll show how high or low it is relatively to today's range. It's a pretty handy tool to look for reversals, bounces or if the price breaks through the previous level you could follow the trend. I want to take some time and talk to David and Anthony. It'd probably be easier since they took part in my interview.

No comments: