Sunday, March 15, 2009

My Groove

Solid week. Flirted with that top performer mark the first three days. Starting to get my groove back. I tried to stay away from some of the ETFs for the most part and really dialed down my share size. Honestly though I should've done better. I've called the rally on Monday and Tuesday but I've only made about half or a third of what I normally would make just because my confidence is a little lower recently that I took less size and took profit a little quicker as well. Got burned on Thursday because of a stop triggered but didn't get me out of my entire position... and I kind of stared at it for maybe 20 seconds too long instead of just listening to my stop. Overall, good week. Well within expectation..... but I should've done better. I'm going to start dipping my toes in some of the high dollar stocks and start spending time talking to other traders on what's working for them. I feel like I'm plateauing and I don't like it.

I'm expecting a slow week this week. After that run up we'll probably just bounce around this price level for a while unless significant news comes out. Most of the traders are probably out on vacation with their kids, too. I'll see how the action is on Monday and Tuesday and decide if I'm going to take the rest of the week off for SXSW music. Friday is option expiration though so... we'll see. It's always fun and a little bit stressful playing with the schedule during SXSW since I'm anal about scheduling. There are so many bands I'd like to see playing at the same time sometimes and then you'd have to consider which one of them play at a different time on another day and maybe you can see them then but if that conflicts again...... yikes.

Other than my girl Meiko, I really want to see The Decemberists, Bishop Allen, The Von Bondies, Peter Bjorn and John, K'Naan, Ra Ra Riot, The Hold Steady. And is this officially "retro" now? I can't quite believe my eyes when I see Fastball, Third Eye Blind and Marcy Playground playing at SXSW. Some of my high school faves. Hells yeah!

No comments: