Monday, March 16, 2009

My Diminishing Return

My schedule was a little out of wack on Sunday and since I didn't really eat dinner when I woke up this morning/night I was craving some Don Juan breakfast taco from Juan in a Million. If any of you watches The Travel Channel, there's a new show called Man v. Food where this guy, Adam, goes around the country and take on the eating challenges of each city. When he came to Austin, he went to Juan in a Million and tried to break the record of 7 Don Juan's by eating 8.

The most I've ever done was 2, after New Years Eve this year where I was slightly hung over and hungry as hell. Each taco is 3/4 of a pound. Basically I was full as can be when there are about 3 or 4 bites left of the 2nd taco. This morning, instead of driving straight to work I took a 20 minute detour and I bought FOUR DON JUANS to go. I don't know exactly what I was expecting but I somehow managed to get three of them down. That's 2 1/4 pound of food! I didn't enjoy that 3rd one at all. It started to trigger my gag reflex as I was working on the last half of the third taco.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

It was always on my "to do" list to eat at Juan in a Million, but I still haven't made it there. What exactly is a Don Juan?

MellowYellow said...

Don Juan is this behemoth of a breakfast taco that weighs in at 3/4 lb... it's really like 3 or 4 regular breakfast taco.