Sunday, July 27, 2008

My Weekend

You know, when I started this blog I didn't really think about other people interested in applying for jobs at Kershner would find out much less read my blog, but hopefully this has been helpful in providing some information or transparency to the whole application process. Honestly, I think if I didn't know Nick I probably wouldn't have taken the job myself.

Trading update: July's been good. Really good, in fact. I'll post more in depth personal analysis later. Right now, I want to talk about my wonderful weekend.

First of all, it's great not having to go to any weddings. Originally I was going to take a trip to either LA or NYC this weekend but Brett literally told me that he was coming back from Cali to Texas this weekend for his birthday right before I booked my flight. So I packed all my stuff and left right after some happy hour action after work on Friday to his family's lake house at Coldspring, TX. Well, I realized that I have taken out my SD card out of my hand held and using that in the DSLR instead so unfortunately I don't have a lot of pictures from the weekend. Having to drive 3 hours kind of sucks, but at least gas is cheaper now and who knows when I'll see him again.

I wish I could've stayed longer but Margaret and I have already purchased our tickets to the Roger Creager's birthday show at Gruene Hall a long time ago. Gruene Hall is the oldest dance hall in Texas. Although I wasn't born in Texas or really consider myself a Texan I've been wanting to check the place out for a while. I gotta say, the place is classic country. Everything is how it should be. It's not like those country dance places where it's still very cosmopolitan. When the band gets going, you can feel the floor starting to shake on account it being so damn old. Each plank of wood has its own personality just like the parque flooring of the Boston Garden. The floor is slicker than what I'm used to from the thousands of cowboy boots that have caressed and buffed the floor over the past 130 years.

Margaret and I almost found out how slick the floor is the hard way. Nobody was really dancing the entire night but we want to be able to tell people that we've danced at Gruene Hall when Everclear came on we found some open space in the back and just went to town. Well, first I should say there's this thing that I do that I would spin the girl out and catch her as she spins back in to me and straight into a dip. Margaret doesn't really like this as she is kind of scared that I would drop her since she's moving pretty fast and I kept telling her that she's just gotta trust me. On our first attempt, one of her feet slipped out from underneath her as I go into the dip so I was surprised by all the extra weight and momentum I have to carry... but I caught her. Her pony tail might've touched the floor but I didn't let her fall. After that I think we pretty much cut out all of the heavy spinning stuff that could risk us getting on American Funniest Homevideo.

Oh, and I know this is coming out of the left field quite a bit, but for the first time ever that I actually like a haircut I got here in the States. Yes, I like to do something with my hair but it doesn't mean I'm gay or metrosexual. I haven't really done anything to it in a while so I decided to go for the faux-hawk, except mine is more like a faux-fauxhawk. A fauxhawk is like a mohawk except you don't shave down the sides. Mine is really just a hint of a mohawk, it's very tastefully done. I might post a picture of it, maybe from this weekend's wedding.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Definitely post a pic! I want to see!