Tuesday, July 8, 2008

My Solid Day

Yet another very, very solid day. ODP lowered guidance and OMX went down in sympathy so I got short. Took profits all the way down and finally tried to let the last few ride and set a wider trailing stop and was able to ride it for about a point.

Big Ben came on very early in the morning and I think the news was that there would be more liquidity in the lending market so the Dollar strengthened, driving oil and natural gas down. I personally didn't know quite what to make of all that's happened within the past 24 hrs w/ the whole FAS 140 mark to market and the news this morning and seems like I wasn't the only one so I didn't really trade any EEM or that type of plays until I could see the trend or support/resistance level. That worked pretty well... saved and made me some money. Market broke out of its range and I should've gone long much earlier but I couldn't make up my mind.

There's been a lot of talk about super yahtzee... I just much rather not think about it and try to ride my streak as long as I can. I know I get into trouble when I start thinking about dollar figures. Tomorrow is Wednesday and I usually doesn't do too well on Wednesdays so let's be careful.

No comments: