Saturday, February 9, 2008

SXSW 2008 Band List

This is from the Austin Chronicles website. I'm pretty excited, although I haven't fully made up my mind if I want to get a wristband or a badge yet. They're more expensive than last year (don't they always...), and this year I have to work, it's not like last year where I have the whole week off b/c of spring break. On top of that, I don't really have a wingman this year =( There are so many bands!! Granted a good percentage of them should've stayed in their garage instead of trying to boost their egos and score w/ chicks, but there are some hidden jems out there. I don't know how I'll get through the list, maybe I'll just random go through it and see if there are any names I've vaguely heard of before or see if any names or where they're from catches my attention. For some reason bands with too weird of a name or with exclaimation point or cuss words usually aren't that good...

http://www.austinchronicle.com/gyrobase/sxsw_bands_2008

I'm particularly excited about: Cary Brothers, DeVotchKa, Digitalism, Diplo, Fastball, guy Forsyth, Freezepop, Tommy Guerrero, Halifax, Hanson (yes, I know... don't judge me), Kate Havnevik, The Heilio Sequence, Holy Fuck, Junkie XL, Let's Go Sailing, Madlib, MGMT, Moby, MSTRKRFT, Nada Surf, Jim Noir, N.E.R.D., Oh No! Oh My!, Okkervil River, Peter and the Wolf, Play-N-Skillz, Joshua Radin, R.E.M., Reykjavik, Shout Out Louds, Sia, Simian Mobile Disco, The Soundtrack of Our Lives, Tech N9ne, Tokyo Polic Club, The Toxic Avenger, The Vines, White Denim, Yo La Tengo,

No comments: