Tuesday, February 12, 2008

My Lack of Traction

It's already February 12th and I'm finally getting some good traction going. Up about four or five hundred today after so many days of starting out strong but giving lots profits back during the day.

Changed my default to 500 shares, Lawrence raised my capital to $500,000 now since a lot of times I'd run out of capital putting orders out at the close.

EEM continues to work well for me... not as well as my initial success, but I'm learning how to trade it better now. For me, when it breaks key support or resistance point I should take more shares, like 800 or 1000, but during the middle of the day where it's harder to read the market and range is tighter I should only take about 200 or 400 at most. I'm not holding my winners very well, especially if my position size is big. I'm also trying to get the closing print on EEM (except today I put it in a whole dollar higher almost by mistake and it filled me so I ended up having to take a loss on it using ECNs to get out).

We're moving our pod tomorrow... I'm sitting on the edge again. I don't know... I don't really like that but I suppose it's nice if I have some extra space to myself. I just feel like as if I'm missing out on the action

No comments: