Saturday, February 23, 2008

My Pitiful February So Far

February sucks man... and judging by all the bitching and moaning around the office, I'm not the only one that feels this way. I'm actually down for the month so far. It doesn't help the case that I'm trying to ramp up my position size. I might need to adjust my trading style slightly before the next Fed meeting, maybe trade with less size, be a lot more selective but maybe give it a little wider stop. On Wednesday when the market made a new intraday high towards the close I thought people would start taking profit and shorted stocks but got wiggled out four times on my regular stops. Really just pisses me off...

I haven't been on the green side of the admin yet since we moved. It's just been crummy... I only worked two days this week on account that Monday was President's Day and Tuesday my head just wasn't screwed on right. Friday I had to go to Houston in the afternoon, I was planning on trading just the open but since I went out w/ Priscilla the night before I slept through my alarm completely.

Maybe I've been slacking off a bit. I should start reviewing my trades more and I want to start learning more earning plays. I just been feeling extra stressful lately... hopefully it's just the slow February, but I've actually been thinking about quitting and switch jobs or at least test the job market. I believe I should get a second job. This way I can trade more freely and think clearly when I'm at the desk. Also so I can have a reason to move out, get my own place so I'm closer to the office and if I'm going out it's more convenient.

No comments: