Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Is It Really A Small World After All?

The itinerary I got from our travel agency says my flight leaves at 11:25am on Saturday. I get to the airport at like 10:30, I'm thinking I've got plenty of time right? Well, I get to the self-check in kiosk and it tells me that I can't check my luggage in b/c there's less than 30 minutes. I'm thinking: "uh oh!" I talk to the ticketing agent, yeah, flight is now at 11:10 and it is now 10:50. Can anyone say flash back of Chicago this summer when we missed our connecting flight from Germany? Boy, am I glad I decided to take the duffle bag instead of a regular, BIGGER suitcase b/c I was either gonna have to take my luggage with me or take the next flight to L.A. at around 5pm and miss my connecting flight to Taiwan. Quite frankly, when the guy at the counter, who I think was gay, suggested that I wanted to ask him how he got his GED. Ugh, stupid people everywhere.

Lesson: Remember to check your flight for confirmation before you leave...

When I got on the plane, I had like one shoe on, all my stuff are stuffed somewhere in my jacket to ease the security check point, my belt is dangling from my neck and the camera lens in my messenger bag is just waiting for a jail break. Now, I didn't really talk to the person next to me since she took a nap pretty much right as we took off and I was busy saying prayers and thank yous to the big guy upstairs, but on our descent she asked me:

"Do you live in L.A.?"
"Oh no, I live in Austin."

And then we started talking about high school, which turns out she went to one where I knew quite a few kids at UT went to, connected with Elizabeth Brummett's name and then led to Camp Texas and Student Government. When she said she was in SG, I kind of thought I knew who she was but then again there has been a lot of Staceys in SG so I dismissed the thought in my head. Well, after I looked up Brummett's friends on facebook and I saw the last name I knew exactly who she was. I mean, for crying out loud almost every year they'd use her and Katie King as an example on how close the SG election could be and why people should vote. This girl, Stacey Kunelias, happens to be the SG Vice President when I was a freshman.

Maybe it's not THAT interesting, but I certainly like to think so.

No comments: