Sunday, December 23, 2007

I <3 Puma!

I love puma shoes! I simply adore them. Kind of like how Audrey Hepburn gets the raging reds in Breakfast at Tiffany's, Pumas have that kind of effect on me. They're just so pretty. You go into a store and you can just admire the hours of design put into them and where they draw their inspiration from. Albeit, there are some shoes that are just way out there or the colors are too wild that I don't have anything in my closet that I can wear with them, but just the simple apperciation is still enough. Most important of all is that they're comfortable. They have this low to the ground feel, as if you are walking on bare feet... not unlike w/ running shoes or other casual shoes where's the bunch of stuffy... well, stuff between your feet and the ground. Yet at the same time you don't feel the impact on your feet when you walk and the shockwave it sends up your spine like a cheap pair of shoes. Especially if they have some of kind laceless lacing system, they're my fav. Shoelaces, hah, fuck shoelaces!

Well, we drove by this place in Taichung, in the Industrial Park where, my guess is that the manufacturer overproduced and they're out of season in the U.S. so they ended up with a warehouse full of these pumas. I had to go check it out. Yes, some are out of season, like the Barrelroll and the OSU but I was so excited to find the Stock Cat! I'm not really into Puma's suede shoes, which are suppose to be their bread and butter... I dunno, I just like thing that are a little bit different. If only they had some good El Rey's or French 77's in stock that would've totally made my day.


Considering my limited luggage space, I only bought two pair that I really wanted. I got the Barrelroll which is technically still in spring/summer catalog or color but honestly I like it a lot better than the dark selections in the fall (1st pic, but lighter color, more green). I also got the Stock Cat in brown, which works w/ my waldrobe a lot better than the red and the black is just simply ugh. I wanted the OSU (the third pic)... they had them in white w/ a yellowish, orange hue which was still cool but I think three is too much. The Barrelroll is $65 in the U.S. and with tax we're talking about $70+ I got it for about $36 and the Stock Cat is $80, w/ tax it's about $86 or $87... um, how does $48 sound?

No comments: