Saturday, July 11, 2009

My Peacock

I've been working from home lately. With the trading volume being so light I basically had decided to put my account on hold for a month, maybe two. It was good to hear at least I won't incur any variable fees in the mean time.

Well, I was getting ready to leave the house on Tuesday and as I pull my car out of the garage I see this creature at my front door. Upon further review... it was a peacock. Yeah, I know it's random, but a damn peacock is just sitting at my front door. When I came back it was still there. Weird... it was not dead. Definitely alive and moving. Was this a present? It doesn't have a note tied to it or anything. I went to the formal dinning room and snapped this picture.


It looks like it's there to collect rent... Funny that my Asian friends, and the one French one after I told them about it all say to eat it. Oh the foodies. I tried to get it to open up a few hours later and that's when I noticed that it's actually a peahen.

I didn't know if this was an auspicious or ominous sign so I went to look up what peacocks symbolize. Apparently it represents royalty and immortality among other things in different culture. Overall, I took that as a positive thing. I've actually been thinking about a name for a new company that I'm planning to form for a new venture that's going to be strictly my effort and this gives me a few ideas. C'mon, a bird symbolizing immortality, as in always in never go out of business is pretty cool.

My name is in our family business's title and every time I meet a new client I gotta explain the story of how my dad couldn't come think of a good name while he was filing the paperwork. One thought I had was to use our last name but I am concerned about the marketability and confusion it might come up b/c, well, it's not the easiest last name to spell or pronounce. I just feel it's a little unprofessional. So far the best I've come up with is maybe somehow related to Expeditus, the patron saint of merchants, navigators, expeditious solutions and against procrastination.

No comments: