Monday, July 13, 2009

My Psychic

My sister was in town the other day and she wanted to go see a psychic. I told her there was a psychic a co-worker had told me about and maybe she'd like to go pay her a visit. Emphasis on the pay there... I later found out she's now charging $75 for a 30 min. reading sessions. I don't want to blabber her private business all over the www, but let's just say she was seeking some marital advice. She then told me she made an appointment for me and I thought, what the heck, we'll see if this lady is full of crap or not.

The name is Yanie Brewer in case anybody is interested. She gave me a recording of the session on cassette tape, which I thought, seriously... who the fuck owns a cassette players now? This is clearly not iPod compatible and I doubt they have an app for the iPhone for this. I don't think I've had regularly used a cassette tape since 1997. Anyway, I finally went to my car and play back the tape. There were some pretty cool stuff that just made me dropped/dislocated my jaw.

I had my doubts but then one of the first things she said that made me feel like she might be for real was when she went "do you have two careers?" Which I replied yes but in my head I was thinking "Did my sister tell you that in her session before me? How could you know about that?" Towards the end of the session I asked a few questions about my family and she asked me if it was just me and my sister the two sibling and I said yes, but she said "there should've been a third." At that point I remembered that my mother actually did have an abortion way younger before my older sister was born. She also told me she sees cars, and asked me what that means. Well, our family business is revolved around car related products like AC, tire repair, engine oil or different kind of fluid.

A lot of these are kind of like I had to attach the meanings myself, but I thought it was pretty cool that if someone can really hear or feel and clairvoyant.

As for the future, I don't know exactly how much salt to take w/ what she said. It sort of just reflected a lot of what I know about myself or what I've been thinking. The topic of education came up a lot, which I have been thinking about going back for my MBA (pretty much like everybody else my age). It definitely seems like my journey here in Austin is about to end (and just when I decided to put a swimming pool in at my house, too...). There are some new beginnings. She says that I'm talented and have interest in many things and I have to find what my niche is and what will give me the most fulfilment is where I feel like I'm helping people. I mentioned about marketing but she said something even more people enough.

Apparently I'm also put on this earth to travel and I'll make very good money. She mentioned about going to Hawaii and golfing there (hmm...) and business travel in British Columbia, although I couldn't tell if she was feeling B.C. or regular Columbia. There's a big difference in Vancouver and Bogota. She keeps talking about some opportunity, I don't think she meant schools, in Florida and how being around the water is very good for me. I will also meet my best relationship, very vivacious and energetic person, on a trip and she even says that I'm going to have two boys, one of water and another w/ fire sign (really... c'mon). She even asked me how I feel about dogs b/c this person will have a small dog. Right, let me just go travel the world and ask every girl that sits next to me on the plane what kind of dog she has. St. Bernard, oh sorry... nice meeting ya. What? A Yorkie? What did you say your name was?

Basically, she has just told me what I've been feeling since sophomore year, which is what is my passion, what is my niche? I thought my path might be w/ the family business but she actually says that my footsteps won't be the same as my dad and in the long run I'd have to do something that's more me. Either do things more my style or take the background and experience to move on to another venture. Sigh... got a lot to think about.

1 comment:

alexa.h said...

Hi, I just googled the psychic's name and came across your blog. I went to see this same person earlier this year by recommendation of a friend, very interesting. At one point I felt like she was the therapist I don't have... it was much more different and accurate than other people I have seen. Hope your stuff pans out!