Thursday, June 25, 2009

My Tweet

I'll be trading today and tomorrow for the Russell rebalance. Pool construction has started at my house and it woke me up @ 7:30am this morning. Sadly there's no snooze button on these machines. I'll be working out of the office even if I'm not trading.

I'm still not fully sold on this whole Twitter thing. I don't like it. It feels like there are some elements or narcissism going on here that you feel somehow what you are doing is so important that everybody must know about it. Little did you know that it's totally trivial. And what's the deal w/ following celebrities and what they (or their assistants/publicists) write about. As if their lives are really that much more interesting. Go out and live your own adventures and get into trouble or do something LENGENDARY. Except for the very few people that I follow the rest is just extra noise to me.

I tried tweeting a little bit about the trades I'm getting in this morning and it's... distracting. It's not really real time, I don't have the time to put in my stop or profit target that much, so I doubt anybody will actually find it useful. I might spot some really nice trends and I'll comment on that but overall I think it's a little silly and waste of my energy.

If anybody's interested there's a site call stocktwits that a lot of people comment on there through out the day. It's really noisy and I pretty much just tune it out unless there's really nothing going on during the day. I need to find the ones that are actually worthwhile following on there.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You might try following the SMB guys and traderfeed (steenbarger)