Tuesday, April 15, 2008

ACL Official Lineup

The lineup is... well, up. I have to say, I'm a little disappointed. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of bands that I would love to see, it's just that after seeing the Lollapalooza lineup where they have Radiohead, Kanye West, Rage Against the Machine, Nine Inch Nails, the best ACL can do is.... Foo Fighters?

Let's focus on the positive. Here are some bad ass bands that will be coming that I'm excited about... if I don't end up selling my 3-day wristband and go to Oktoberfest instead.

Foo Fighters, Beck, The Mars Volta, Gnarls Barkley, N.E.R.D., Erykah Badu, Tegan & Sara, Iron & Wine, G.Love & The Special Sauce, Band of Horses, Silversun Pickups, Okkervil River, Hot Chip, Vampire Weekend, Duff, Ingrid Michaelson, CSS, MGMT, What Made Milwaukee Famous, Jenny Lewis (whoo... not as Rilo Kiley this time!), Mason Jennings, Yeasayer, The Octopus Project, White Denim... and South Austin Jug Band (they've been playing at ACL ever since I started going... so that's like what, 6 yrs now?).

I'm slightly happier about the fact Vampire Weekend and White Denim is on the lineup b/c I missed them during SXSW. Who knows, given how ACL does their scheduling, I'll probably end up seeing only about 1/3 of the bands that I want to see.

No comments: