Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My Triumphant Return

Man, after yesterday's technology fiasco where my computer was FUBAR and I can't see squadush on my monitor I was still fuming a bit this morning so I went out to run this morning. I then promptly remembered I hate running but at least I was feeling better.

Everything went pretty smoothly. We got first some bad quotes from INET and then ARCA went bad later after the fed announcement came out. I tried to slam into EWZ right when the announcement came out but I couldn't get the price that I want. I was fairly light on the shares since I can't rely on the quotes too much and my level 1 was off so I had to modify all my stop triggers. I still could've traded EWZ better especially the break out after the bounce but I felt I was chasing a move that's already been made and not a very good risk reward. I had some orders at the close that I put out too late and I ended up not getting some prints. Traded lots of shares again today. After commission I think I still did make a new personal best.

I signed up for a trial subscription of the platinum briefing trader where you get to see some of the trades people make and what their logic is. The one trader I'm following at the moment is the Scalp Trader. This guys is pretty right on and his logic makes sense. It's nice to have an extra pair of eyes. However, sometimes he's risking more than what I would and I personally don't like to base my trade off of someone else's opinion. I think I took some positions in related companies if he was calling out a trade and they work out pretty well.

Oh, FUBAR stands for f**ked up beyond all recognition btw. Ref: Saving Private Ryan

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Glad you can call your return a triumphant one and congrats on your potential new personal best record!