Saturday, August 16, 2008

My Hibernation

It's August... really, not much to update trading wise. We had a Fed day and even that was very much a non-event. The market barely moved at all when the announcement came out. Honestly, August is probably not that bad, I just always had a losing trade to close out the day. I had one day that I put in bunch of short sell orders when I thought I was putting in bids and another day I put in my bid price a whole dollar higher and end up losing a chunk of money.

Two more weddings in August... one was for my sister and the other was for Kristen, a friend of mine since high school. I actually ran into our Risk Manager from work at Kristen's wedding... turns out he knew the groom's grandparents. I think I'm done for a while, there are few more weddings I know are in the pipeline but it might not be as big of a deal and I'm not sure I'll be invited. It was a little awkward seeing an ex at Kristen's wedding, but I think at least I'm finally over her. I had to say though that I was a little bit disappointed in the food, maybe it was b/c my expectation was way too high. Seriously though, the salad the served us was like something they bought at Sam's Club. The food was awesome at my sister's wedding though. We're friends w/ the owner of Cafe 101, and they had sushi and sashimi for appetizer and the main course I couldn't even finish b/c I was way too full by that point.

I don't know if it's b/c of the fact that I've been staying up watching coverage of the Olympic games or what but I've been feeling kind of tired and honestly, not really motivated to trade. I probably should've booked that trip to NYC. Phelps is just amazing. He puts so much pressure on himself you have to be a little concerned whether he will snap or not and what happens if he ends up w/ only 6 or 7 gold medals. It really reminds me of some friends from Southwestern that sets extremely and ridiculous high goals for themselves and still manage to accomplish those goals. I don't care what planet you are from, the human race never ceases to amaze you.

Oh, and I'm happy to report that my family has made an offer on a house. The buyer hasn't responded yet. I think we've low balled him too much. He's moved out of the house for a while now, I suppose we'll be able to see just how eager he is to sell w/ this offer. We're willing to go a little higher, maybe to a point where he'll break even after paying commission to the brokers. I don't really want to count my eggs b4 they hatch though, a lot could happen in the negotiation process. It would be nice though to live much closer to the office. The view is nice and we have already made some plans on building a pool and where to put a ping pong table and all that. Again, anything could happen. We'll make more plans when we actually get the house.

Dale Carnegie class is going really well. I love seeing the breakthroughs people have in the class. Starting in September the class will be on Thursdays and I think I'm going to take furthers steps on becoming an instructor in the future and deeper in with the organization.

Sigh... I just feel like taking a really long nap. Wake me up after Labor Day. More detailed updates on the weddings, house and Dale Carnegie class when I get more energy.

No comments: