Friday, October 26, 2007

More Random Musing

Watching UA, NYX and MO has given me more confidence, but I still think I'm going to get rid of UA and maybe NYX as well before they report earnings.

MO, I was watching that 72.20 price ceiling. It is so obvious that the stock has touched that ceiling twice already and didn't want to break. I don't care if you believe in technical analysis and reading charts but this one is just so apparent you know there's some deeper psychological level there. Now that it broke and the 72.20 level has actually became the floor, I'm holding on to the stock. Plus there's the spin off in January next year of PMI... exciting stuff.

UA, not considering last Friday... it really was almost like magic that it went up couple of points on Monday when the market in general was down. My thinking is that people are starting to buy it on valuation thinking that it is cheap. Meanwhile there are still a lot of people that are bearish on the stock, thinking they're not going to hit their high growth figures. They report next Tuesday. I might get rid of it today or on Monday

NYX popped on Wed when it officially replaced Hilton. I was going to watch it on Tuesday if there's a strong seller but it wasn't, at the same time the buying strength is dwindling. I might get rid of this soon as well if I see some negative signs.

No comments: