Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Finally Getting Some Volume

Earning season is here and you can kind of feel the activities picking up again. I traded 2200 shares today, which is more than what I have been doing lately.

I feel like I'm better at looking for trading opportunities now. I'll spot something that is running away crazy and look for an entry to go back the other direction. Like today I got into IBN twice, once after it started bouncing after reaching a new intraday low, made about $30 on it and then another time I see the big offer that have been keeping the price low either got hit or someone lifted it near the whole number and made another $30 or so on it (too bad I only took 100 shares that time).

I had two scalping trades that I took profits too early. I remember seeing the big bids in the montage and that really should've given me the confidence to hold the position. I probably could've made at least $10 more on each of those trades.

Since now I'm trading 200 shares, maybe I can get out 100 shares and then hold on to the other 100 and see if I can get a better price for it... something to think about.

I've been thinking about my keys a lot, something to help me scalp faster. I've tried it out to day and it feels pretty good. I think I can make some more modification to make it faster or more comfortable.

No comments: