Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My Bad Start

April and Q2 is off to a bad start. I'm letting a lot of things slip and sizing inappropriately and not listening to my stops. That's really all there is to it. I'm going to trade probably 200 share lots for a while until I get my head screwed back on right. It sucks that I gave back so much of my March profits but after having that kind of month gives me confidence that I can dig myself out again. I'm trying not to think about monetized goals and the only expectation is to make good trades as in getting and getting out as I planned.

Our team is doing this thing where one person has to do a presentation a week and this week was my turn. I did it on Trading in the Zone, which I read last August. It's pretty cool to go back and review some of the stuff. Also, judging by the comments I get the feeling that it was the author Mark Douglas that's been writing them. I dunno, just all this talk about expectations and the language or writing style that was used reminds me a lot of the book. Hey, like I said, if someone out there wants to help me become a better trader I am all for it.

I do have to give myself credit and pat myself on the back more often. I've come a long way and is much better than a year before. I'd say that I need to love myself more but I'm up to three times a day as it is (no, that's not true. I just couldn't help myself to make a joke that's all).

Gavin DeGraw concert on Wednesday night! I'm taking Cancer Girl to the show since this is the only show in the foreseeable future playing at The Parish that I think she'd like. Not gonna lie man, there are some cool stuff happening this month. White Denim plays on the 17th and the finals for the B-Boy competition will be on the 26th.

No comments: